Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

3.31.2009

I am finally getting started!

I finally got started on Izzy's summer clothes last night- with sewing (or not sewing, as it turned out) for Vegas, recovering from Vegas, my Mother in law's visit, and the consignment sale I was too busy. So last night I got out all of Izzy's lovely yellow fabric and I cut out another practice run on the flower girl dress, a skirt, and a pair of capris. I was going to cut out a top, too, but I needed to look up the tutorial online and it got late (too late for drafting patterns based on vague internet directions, anyhow).

I got the dress 99% finished today- all that's left is the hand work, and we all know I'll procrastinate that:) But, after much bribing, I talked Izzy into trying it on. The reason I did yet another practice run is because I still had to make the bodice smaller and I wanted to make

sure it fit right. So here it is- or as best as I could get. She would sit for me to take her picture, but when I tried to get her to stand all she would do was run away. She can be a contrary little sprite.






















And running away from me...






















and running...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...