Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

5.13.2009

Zen and laundry

Mostly because it's been a long time since I posted, I'm posting some pictures of....

(drumroll please)

















My laundry drying! It's terribly exciting, I know. Actually, to me it is. This is the the very first time I've used my clothesline. I have used a drying rack outside for almost a year (although you'll laugh when you hear this, but I didn't realize that my drying rack was expandable until last week!), mostly for drying diapers, but I just recently convinced my husband to hang my clothesline. I know I know, I'm an empowered woman, I so could have done it myself. I could have, but I like to make my husband work:)

Anywho, my plan is to make a trade off- if I want to run my AC (which I definately do) I can't run my dryer. Hence the clothesline. I thought it would be a major pain, but something I could tolerate doing for the summer. But I've gotta say, I kind of enjoyed it. Hanging clothes in the heat, while my kids were napping, was peaceful and pleasant. Seeing the clothes waving in the breeze was enjoyable. And, of course, they smelled lovely when I took them down. The other good thing- I live in SoCal, where the humidity is usually negative (or at least feels like it), so my clothes dried in no time. And nothing was as crunchy as I thought it would be, either. From drying diapers I should have known that would be the case- synthetics don't dry crunchy and sadly most of our clothes are at least part synthetic. Plus it was pretty breezy, which I'm sure helped.

Anyway, working on the next green head to toe post... in a perfect world it would be done today, but seeing as how we don't live in one of those, we'll just have to see.

1 comment:

Mary Q Contrarie said...

Air drying your clothes is an awesome thing to do. If it is too humid outside to get it dried or if it is one of those hot and rainy days then I clothes drying rack is a great solution. I use my rack year round.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...