Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

8.11.2009

Good Grief...

It's been 15 days since I posted. I am such a slacker. But seriously, if you were to look at my calendar right now you might actually think I have a life. It's totally jammed. Right now it is kind of nice to be this busy, but I'm wondering how long it will be before I get bored an burned out on all this mom action. Plus, it doesn't leave much time for my side projects (like the sewing and the knitting...). But, it's not like any (okay, some do...) of those projects have deadlines.

And that's the other thing. I finally sat down the other day and made a list of all the projects I have banging around in my brain and it was a page long. And in reality a lot of those projects do have a deadline, albeit about 5 months away (read- Christmas presents).

So what have I done for my planet lately? Well, I bought 7 reusable snack bags to try and ween myself off of the horrid zip top baggie.

I also bought some paraben-and-other-gunky-stuff free makeup from Erzulie Cosmetics. I bought a cream to powder foundation and some concealor. So far I am quite happy with it. It feels far better on than any other mineral makeup I have ever worn.

Oh, and I have switched almost all my food storage to glass. I bought a bunch of glasslock food storage containers that, so far, I absolutely love. Not only are they better for us (and they'll last a lot longer than the crap plastic I used in the past), but they're just plain pretty and don't stain up like most plastic does. And from what I can tell, I recommend glasslock over pyrex. First, Pyrex doesn't offer many sets (at least not that I could find) that contained rectangular containers. Square and rectangular containers make more sense to me, space wise. Second, the lids for the pyrex food storage containers that I have don't seal up nicely like the glasslock containers do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...