Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

2.12.2010

ThredUp... this is REALLY exciting.

For those of you who are familiar with paperback swap or, more accurately, swapadvd, this is going to sound familiarly awesome- in the next few weeks a new site is going to be available for...

...make sure you're sitting down for this...

...swapping kids clothes! For free (at least at first... more on that)!

I know.

This kids swap site is BRAND SPANKING NEW and isn't even live yet. For the time being they're offering a free trial to the first 1000 people who sign up Here.

Thredup itself has been around for a while and already offers swapping for adult clothes. It's not free, but from the sound of it (I've never tried it... perhaps when I'm itching for new spring clothes) you can get great stuff, gently used, for not a lot of cash. And come on, it's recycling. I did find a statistic on that site that I think is worth repeating (although I don't know their source, of course)- Americans throw away 20 TRILLION pounds of clothing each YEAR. That's a lot of landfill space.

So check out the new site and sign up if you have kids. I may try grown up Thredup myself.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the post! Just want to clarify the site is www.thredup.com/kids (no A!) thanks :-)

Brandislee said...

My bad... the link was messed up, but I fixed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...