Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

2.28.2011

I made it!

So here it is, February 28th, and I didn't go to the grocery store once this month!  I'm not usually great at sticking to things, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

And it turns out many of the fears I had in the first weeks were unfounded- I didn't even run out of juice as I had feared I would.  The only thing I missed was the cheddar we ran out of half way through the month... and salad.  Right now all I want to eat is salad.  I planted a flat of salad greens in my living room and I'm hoping to at least get a small harvest from it between now and the time I can get some seeds in the ground.

Which isn't coming as fast as I would like it too.  That warm snap we had a few weeks ago got my hopes up, only to be devastated by another 22 inches of snow and temps in the teens and twenties.  Boo.  I have so much stuff I need to do outside and I can't do any of it until it warms up a little.  And not only that, but I am bored with my inside "to do" stuff- wash dishes, do laundry, vacuum, sweep... blah blah blah.  I want sunshine and fresh air and a little hard manual labor.  Really, I do.  And I have so much to do, and only half a month to do it in.  I'm really worried about the buds breaking on my grape vine before I have the chance to prune them.  Like irrationally so.  Someone needs to remind me that this is Minnesota, and the buds probably won't break until April at least, so I should have time.

But I'm ready for spring, regardless.  Get here already!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...