Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

2.08.2011

Recipe Tuesday: Sausage and Biscuit Pie

This is turning into a weekly thing, isn't it?  This isn't a cooking blog, but what I do in the kitchen is such a big part of my life and my quest for balance that I can't help but blog about it occasionally- plus, I do this for the $5 Dinner Challenge on one of my FAVORITE FAVORITE blogs, $5 Dinners.  It is one of the blogs that has inspired and encouraged me to feed my family healthy AND save money at the same time.

And I failed on the picture- I made this last week and totally forgot.

Sausage and Biscuit Pie

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. bulk sausage
  • 1 onion, diced
  •  about half of your favorite whole grain biscuit recipe (mine is here)
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
(make the biscuit dough first... don't be intimidated, it's super easy)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Brown the sausage and onion until the sausage is cooked through and then set aside.  Oil a pie pan and then press the biscuit dough into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan.  Spread the sausage mixture over the bottom, then top with the cheese.  In a small bowl, beat the eggs, and season with salt and pepper.  Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes or until the middle has set, then cool for 10 minutes before slicing.

For more budget friendly meals, check out the $5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...