Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

7.08.2011

My Kitchen Essentials: Popsicle Molds

Not all the things I feature in this post will be completely uncommon, but I do feel that this is one item that, despite being relatively available at most big box stores (especially in the summer), I feel too many kitchens are lacking.
Two little girls enjoying some delicious frozen yogurt and fruit pops (pineapple, I believe, although this is an old picture).

Popsicle molds allow me to quickly and easily make summer treats for my kids. Not only are the frozen treats at the grocery store expensive; they are also loaded with things I would rather not feed my kids like high fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring and flavoring, processed sugar, and preservatives. Making these treats at home is remarkably simple and you can control exactly what goes into them. I have made frozen juice pops, frozen lemonade, orange creamsicles, layered popsicles (like the red white and blue ones from the Nourished Kitchen I made for this holiday weekend), and an endless variety of fruit and yogurt pops. You are only limited by your imagination, and even then, when imagination runs out, there is always the internet!

My favorite popsicle molds are Rubbermaid and Back to Basics (they're identical, so likely made in the same place) lickity sips. They include a little cup at the base of the stick to catch drips, with a little spout to the side to drink the drips out of (genius!). And most of them I got on clearance at the end of last summer (so keep an eye out when summer items start to go on sale- I believe I paid something like 1.79 per four pack).

Do you have popsicle molds in your kitchen? If you do (or if you would like to) what is your favorite kind of frozen treat?

2 comments:

Candace said...

I love that pic of Isabella and her sweet little friend! And YES to popsicle molds! We have ours here at the Gillespie Manor! A definite must for the summer!

Try this:
soaked cashews, ripe bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, cold water, vanilla extract and a dash of salt. process everything and fill up those molds and freeze... banana cream deliciousness!!!!

Brandislee said...

That sounds DELISH. Have you tried it with anything other than cashews? I'm not a huge fan of them, but if they are THE nut to make this with, then I'll take your word for it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...