Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

8.25.2011

Finally!

The speckled egg and the top brown egg were found this morning in a nest box, and the one on the left was found on the ground, so I would assume it's from a bantam.
...we have eggs!  I took the kids to the water park this morning.  So after rushing through our chores and getting ready, we were getting in the car when I heard a big ruckus in the chicken coop.  It didn't sound serious, so I finished loading the kids and checked it out... and found two eggs in one of the nest boxes!  Just about an hour earlier I had noticed one of the barred rocks in that same next box, so I'm assuming she laid one of the two eggs.  No clue who laid the other, although I would hope it was the lemon orpington, since she's over four months old.

When we got home early this afternoon I checked, hopeful for another egg or two.  I didn't see any in the nest boxes, but I noticed that my little read frizzle bantam was crouched in the corner.  When I looked closer I saw a small egg next to her- I don't know if she had just laid it, or if one of the other bantams laid it and she was working on one as well (or not).

What a great day!

1 comment:

simply heidi said...

Hurray! That is exciting news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...