Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

9.27.2011

Maple Banana Muffins with Spelt

Yesterday I was jonesing for something sweet and mapley... like bad. So I browsed and toyed with a recipe from a recipe I found online (link will be added later...). OMG these are yum- they're mostly healthy, although they're still pretty high in sugar.
But it's definately something I would be okay with my kids eating once a week or so. I didn't soak them, because I wanted them NOW. I have impulse control issues, I know. The next time I make them I'm going to work on how the recipe would work soaked- it will be a little bit of a challenge since it's not a matter of simply swapping buttermilk for milk, but I'm sure I can work it out.

Double Batch Maple Banana Muffins with Spelt 
Makes 18-24 muffins

  • 3 cups whole spelt flour 
  • 2 tsp baking powder 
  • 2 tsp baking soda 
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 4 T. butter 
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed 
  • 1/3 cup evaporated cane sugar 
  • 3/4 cup maple syrup 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix the remaining ingredients until well mixed, then incoporate into the dry ingredients. Oil your muffin pan (or use papers), and fill each about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until middles are set. These were super awesome still warm from the over, smeared with cultured butter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...