Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

7.17.2012

Mexican Beef and Black Bean Soup

This is one of the few recipes I make that I have no idea where it came from... even if I can't remember exactly where I found a recipe, I usually can remember if I got it from a blog, a recipe site, a magazine, a TV show, or a friend.

But I love this recipe.  It's beyond ridiculously simple and fast, and it is very satisfying.  And it's one of my plans for when I have no plan.



Mexican Beef and Black Bean Soup
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1  chopped onion
  • 1 can (or 2 cups soaked and cooked) black beans
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, OR 1 can diced tomatoes and one 4oz. can diced green chilies
  • 2 cups frozen corn
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. dried garlic, or one clove garlic diced
Brown the beef and onions.  Dump in everything else.  Cook for about 2 minutes, or until everything is warmed through and the corn is done to your liking (because I don't know about you, but I don't like my corn too crunchy).

Serve with corn chips and sour cream.

This post has been shared on Beyond the Peel's Keep it Real Thursday and Kelly the Kitchen Kop's Real Food Wednesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...