Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

10.30.2012

Sunshine and Perspective

I have been ambiguously miserable the past week or so.  Nothing in particular is wrong.  Other than the fact that I'm not sleeping well (which is typical for me at the onset of fall, but I usually handle it better than this) I feel fine.  I'm not sick.  I'm not even depressed.  If I had to put a word to it, I would say I'm annoyed.  With everyone and everything.
...only because I needed a pretty picture, with sunshine.

But I'm an introspective person, so this morning when I was driving to pick Oliver up from preschool I was thinking "what is wrong with me, why am I so miserable?"  I was listing all the things that have gone wrong and that are stressing me out.  I even began listing things that COULD go wrong.  Then I stopped.

My life is fine.  My husband has a steady, reliable, relatively secure job.  We have food and a roof.  My kids are healthy.  My husband is nice to me.  My home isn't under five feet of water.

Heck, we even have electricity.

As I sat in the parking lot, waiting for Oliver, the sun (something we haven't seen here in what feels like forever) beat on my face and I suddenly felt much better.  Yes, forcing my misery into perspective (and there is no real misery, I assure you, all of my stressors lately are so ridiculously minor that I'm almost embarrassed) helped, but I think the sun helped more.  I can take all the vitamin D in the world and (when I'm done ODing on D) it wouldn't help me as much as feeling the real, actual, physical sun on my skin.

This post has been shared on Real Food Forager's Fat Tuesday and Cooking Traditional Foods Traditional Food Tuesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...