Glad to see you! Please click around, ask questions, and make comments- I want to hear from everyone! And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (as brandislee)!

11.08.2012

Herbal Face Scrub

I spent part of yesterday afternoon making and trying out face scrubs.  I don't think my face has ever been so smooth.  Here's a hint- after about the fourth scrubbing over the course of like 20 minutes, your skin begins to get a little annoyed.

Don't worry, I'm fine:)



But the result is pretty awesome.  My face is smooth and soft.  And I have a new product for you!

An herbal oat face scrub.  It includes ground oats, almond meal, chamomile, yarrow, and elder flowers.  Chamomile and elder flower are great for soothing inflamed skin and yarrow is anti-inflammatory and safely cleanses.  Oats themselves serve two purposes- they physically exfoliate while the bit that dissolves softens the skin.

My first idea was to create a dry product that you mix with water, but after I tried it my skin felt so ridiculously dry.  So I decided to see what would happen if I mixed the dry mixture with oil.  After trying out a few formulations, I came up with one that feels great and leaves behind smooth, soft skin.

Check it out!

Want to make your own?  It's simple:

Mix 1 parts almond meal and 3 parts oatmeal in a blender with some herbs (no need to measure, a small handful of whatever herbs you like would be fine).  Blend until relatively fine.

Pour this ground mixture into a jar and slowly add some food grade liquid oil until you've reached the desired texture- it should be crumbly, but evenly moistened.

To use, moisten hands and face with warm water.  Scoop about a quarter sized dollop of product onto your fingers and scrub your face, working upwards.  Do this over the sink, it's kind of messy.  Massage for about a minute.  If you want, you can then leave the product on your face for a few minutes before rinsing.

For extra softening, add a little bit of honey just before using.

Enjoy!

This post has been shared at Fresh Eggs Daily's Farm Girl Friday, Homestead Revival's Barn Hop, and GNOWFGLINS Simple Lives Thursday.

This post featured at Fresh Eggs Daily's Farm Girls Blog hop!

Blogfest

4 comments:

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-and-rural.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

You're being featured tomorrow at our Blog Fest, so be sure and come back to grab a button and share again! Lisa www.fresh-eggs-daily.com

Connie said...

Found you through Fresh Eggs Daily, and I love this scrub! I use to make my own a long time ago :) Why did I stop? I want to invite you to link up with me at Wow Us Wednesday. Hope to see you there! http://www.familyhomeandlife.com/2012/11/wow-us-wednesday_14.html

Shelley said...

This scrub looks beautiful, I'm definitely going to make some!

Love your blog, I'm going to keep coming back!



http://selectlearningnet.blogspot.com.au/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...